ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU THAT THEY HAVEN’T BEEN NERVOUS SPEAKING BEFORE A CROWD PROBABLY ISN’T TELLING YOU THE TRUTH. I NEVER KNEW THAT I COULD LOVE SPEAKING — UNTIL I REALIZED THAT IT WASN’T ACTUALLY ABOUT SPEAKING AFTER ALL.
It didn’t really matter what I was wearing on stage. It didn’t matter if my hair and make-up looked perfect. As a matter of fact, it didn’t matter about the words or the polished script I nervously held in my hands. What mattered was how I connected — how I made someone feel. And it wasn’t until I recognized that this was the only thing that truly mattered, could I transform my nervousness of being on stage to great excitement.
As my friend and speaking expert, Gail Larsen taught me, “If you want to change the world, tell a better story.” A better story is the sharing of our true and authentic selves and gifts. It is about opening ourselves to being vulnerable, to bravely connecting to our humanness — and in doing so, connecting to one another. The magic happens in that space where my story becomes yours and likewise.
When I think of people throughout the years who have most impacted me through their speaking — they are the people who have made me believe that if they could do it, so could I. They found a way to invite me into their story.
Today my speaking is driven by inspiring, connecting and empowering others. It is driven by igniting meaningful change. I speak to inspire. I speak to become a better version of myself than I was yesterday and to help others do the same. That’s what inspires me!
WHAT I LOVE TO SPEAK ABOUT:
- Possibility — Have you forgotten who you are, where you came from, what you dreamed of? Reconnect to all that is possible.
- Shift — When we are in an uncomfortable position, we shift. It’s the same with our emotions. When we are out of alignment, something needs to shift.
- Change — Ready for a life change, a career change, a relationship change? If you’re feeling it, it’s time to walk the walk and talk the talk — to be the change you want to see.
- Reinvention — No matter where you’ve been, how far you’ve fallen, what your age is, what your circumstances are — it’s never too late to rescript your story.
- Accountability — The key to self-transformation. Uncovering the role we’ve played within our lives puts us back in the driver’s seat.
WHO I LOVE TO SPEAK TO:
- Anyone who has fallen and can’t get up
- Anyone who thinks life has passed them by
- Anyone who needs to be sparked
- Anyone who holds a morsel of hope that change is possible
- Young women — to remind them of their power
- Broken women — to remind them of their power
- Middle Age women – to remind them of their power
Kristen brings forth what is possible when we are aligned with our purpose and passion. She has a special gift for elevating others – for guiding them with inspiration and tools that empower them to successfully reach toward their goals, dreams and their own best self.
~ Nick Ortner, NY Times best-selling author and founder of The Tapping Solution